History of C# – Past present and futurePosted: June 1, 2010 | |
Here is a nice summary of the past present and future of C# I captured from a nice blog
- C#1 was all about delivering a new language for a new platform.
- C#2 was all about providing generics to improve strong typing, especially in collection handling situations.
- C#3 was all about letting write strongly typed queries abstracted from the date source. As a consequence C#3 fosters a more declarative way of programming.
- C#4 was mainly about dynamic programming to inter-operate with dynamic programming environment.
- C#5 will be concerned with meta-programming.